With the oh-so-hot weather at the moment, this is a great, light, cold salad which is ever so refreshing on the summer evenings. It is easy to make, and tastes delicious.
Makes: 4 Servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
1 can chickpeas, drained 1 can black beans, drained 1 can sweetcorn, drained 1 cup quinoa (uncooked) 1 avocado 1 red bell pepper ½ cucumber 1 tsp paprika 1 tsp dried coriander leaf ½ tsp turmeric ½ tsp black pepper or to taste Juice of ½ a lime Fresh coriander for serving
1 mixing bowl
Method 1) Put quinoa on to cook, following package instructions for cooking.
2) While quinoa is cooking, add a small amount of water to a saucepan and add chickpeas and black beans. Add dry spices and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
3) While quinoa is cooking, wash and chop salad and add to bowl with the drained sweetcorn.
4) Once quinoa has cooked, drain and rinse in cold water to cool. Add to salad and mix.
5) Once beans have cooled (they don’t have to be completely cold, just cool enough to add to the salad) add to the chopped salad and stir.
6) Squeeze lime juice over mixed quinoa, beans and salad and stir again, adding more black pepper to taste.
7) Serve with fresh coriander.