Makes: 4 Servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
5 small carrots, chopped
1 medium courgette, chopped
2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
1 142g tin tomato puree
140g whole wheat couscous
1 stock cube
2 tsp corriander
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tin barlotti beans
1 tin chickpeas
Nutritional yeast (to taste)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1) Add water to a large pan/wok and cook carrots for 5 minutes (add more water as needed when cooking throughout this recipe).
2) In separate saucepan, cook the couscous as instructed on packet (but add the stock cube to the water and stir until dissolved).
3) Add courgette to carrots and continue cooking.
4) Add tomato puree and stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
5) Drain beans and chickpeas and add to wok.
6) Add spices and sprinkling of nutritional yeast and stir. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
7) Add mushrooms to bean and vegetable mix and cook for 3 more minutes.
8) Add garlic and stir. Simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
9) Serve couscous on plate and then put the tagine mix in the middle.