Serves: 6 | Prep time: 20 | Cook time: 30
2 cans chickpeas
300 ml oat milk (or other plant based milk)
150 g uncooked pasta (wholewheat, lentil or pea pasta all work well)
1 can sweetcorn
100 g green peas
75 g unsalted cashew nuts
1 medium onion, chopped
2 handfuls spinach (about 60 g)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (plus more for sprinkling)
1 tbsp seaweed flakes (I use dulse)
1 tsp garlic granules
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp paprika
1 large wok
1 baking dish
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2) Add cashew nuts, oat milk, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, seaweed, and spices to blender and blend until smooth.
3) Add chickpeas to mixture in the blender and pulse until chickpeas are chopped but not liquid (I found 5 pulses did the trick). Set aside.
4) Cook pasta in accordance with packet instructions.
5) While pasta is cooking, heat up a little water in the wok and cook onions for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
6) Add spinach, green peas and sweetcorn to onions and cook for 5 minutes.
7) Pour chickpea mixture into cooked vegetables and mix. Take off of the heat.
8) Drain pasta and add it to baking dish. Add chickpea mixture to pasta and stir well.
9) Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top of pasta bake.
10) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes - the top should go brown and a bit crispy.