Makes: 9 Servings | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
1 medium sweet potato
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp oat flour (I started with rolled oats and blended them)
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp coca powder
1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
1/2 chopped hazelnuts
2 tbsp date syrup
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Blender (if making own oat flour)
2 Mixing bowls
1 Baking tray (medium sized)
1) Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line baking tray with baking parchment.
2) Peel and chop sweet potato. Put on to boil and boil until soft (about 15 minutes).
3) If making your own oat flour, put oats into blender and blend until oats are a fine flour.
4) Once sweet potato is soft, rinse under cold water to cool and then mash.
6) If solid, gently warm nut butter in a pan (careful not to burn it!) until it is easy to stir.
7) Add nut butter, vanilla extract and date syrup to mashed sweet potato and stir.
8) In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (make sure baking powder is evenly distributed throughout the mixture).
9) Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir well.
10) Pour mixture into baking tray and smooth down evenly.
11) Bake for 20 minutes.
12) Remove from oven and leave to stand (it will firm up as it cools). Cut into squares and enjoy!