Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes
2 cup wholegrain rice
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin coconut milk
1 packed extra firm tofu
3 handful of spinach
Half a cup flat beans
2 medium red onions
Water for boiling and frying
1 teaspoon coriander leaf
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon chili flakes
0.5 teaspoon ground turmeric
0.5 teaspoon black pepper
1) Chop all veg. Chop tofu into medium sized cubes.
2) Start cooking rice in accordance with packet instructions
3) Finely chop the onions and add to wok with a little water for sauteing. Stir regularly over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
4) Add tinned tomatoes to onions and stir for a further 5 minutes.
5) Add spices to tomato mix and stir on a low heat for 5 minutes.
6) Add coconut milk to mixture, along with chopped veg and tofu.
7) Simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8) Serve with rice.