Updated: Aug 3, 2019
Makes: 2 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 - 40 minutes
2 bell peppers 2 onions - finely diced 1 aubergine - finely diced
1 tin of pre-cooked lentils 4 cloves garlic - crushed 0.5 cup of rice
2 tablespoons of olive oil (you can probably use less, or just water, we used less than would usually be used in this recipe and it was still a lot!) Oregano, thyme and black pepper
1 frying pan
1 roasting tin
1) Put the rice on to boil with some of the herbs - you want to par boil it, then finish it off in the oven. Remember to take the rice off the heat 5 minutes before it's finished cooking.
2) Add a tablespoon of water/oil into frying pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes.
3) Add the aubergine and continue cooking for a few minutes until the aubergine starts to soften.
4) Add the garlic and herbs and fry for another minute. Be liberal with the herbs, it really enhances the flavour of this recipe.
5) Take off the heat and add in the lentils.
6) Once the rice is 5 minutes from fully cooking, take off the heat, drain and add to the mix.
7) Cut out the top of the bell peppers and drizzle with oil/water and stuff with the filling.
8) Put the stuffed peppers onto a roasting tin, with the rest of the rice mix and roast in the oven for 20 minutes at 160 degrees.
9) Serve on a plate like below. The wine was because we were on holiday and it would be rude not to!