Makes: 4 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
1 Large red onion, chopped
2 Tsp cumin seeds
2 Cups red split lentils
1 Cube vegetable stock
4 Cloves garlic
1 Tsp dried coriander leaves
2 Tsp chilli flakes
1/2 Tsp turmeric
1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
1 Tsp garam masala
2 Large potatoes, chopped thinly
2 Small courgettes, cut into disks
2 Large portobello mushrooms, chopped
Salad leaves for side salad (optional)
2 Baking tray
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2) In a saucepan, cook the onion with 1 tsp cumin seeds in a little water for 5 minutes or until onion is soft, stirring regularly and adding water as needed.
3) Whilst onions cooking, in separate saucepan start par boiling the potatoes for 5 minutes.
4) Add lentils to the onions and cook in 4 cups of water. Add vegetable stock and stir well.
5) Add garlic, dried coriander, chilli 1 tsp chilli flakes, turmeric, black pepper and garam masala to lentils. Stir and cook on a low heat for half an hour.
6) Take potatoes off of boil and drain.
7) Coat potatoes, courgettes and mushrooms in remaining cumin seeds and chilli. Put into a baking tray and cook for 25 minutes.