Makes: 4-6 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
1/2 head small red cabbage (1/4 head large red cabbage), chopped into small strips
1 small potato, diced
1 small leek, cut up into small disks
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 large clove garlic, diced
1 low salt stock cube
1 tsp coriander leaf
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 soup maker
1 Immersion Blender
Soup maker method:
1) Chop wash and peel all vegetables.
2) Add vegetables, stock cube and spices to soup maker and add water. Cook in accordance with soup maker instructions.
1) Prepare vegetable stock by boiling 1/2 litre of water and adding stock cube. Stir until stock cube has dissolved. Set aside.
2) Chop, wash and peel all vegetables.
3) Sweat onion and leek in saucepan with a small amount of water. Cook for 5 minutes to soften.
4) Add diced potato and 100ml stock to onions and leeks. Cook for 10 minutes, until potatoes are cooked.
5) Add red cabbage and spices to mixture and cover with the rest of the stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Allow soup to cool for a few minutes before blending. Using an immersion blender, blend about half of the soup mixture. Set aside, and blend the other half of the soup mix. Add mixture to saucepan and reheat to serve.
7) Serve hot and enjoy!