Serves: 12 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
2 very ripe, medium bananas
200g (2 cups) oats or oat flour (use gluten free oats if needed)
100ml (3/4 cup) oat milk
Juice of one large orange (about 80ml)
100g (1 cup) date sugar
1tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground alllspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 muffin baking tray
12 muffin baking cups
1 food processor
1) Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees celcius.
2) Blend oats in food processor until they become a fine flour. Set aside.
3) Blend walnuts in food processor until chopped very small.
4) Combine oat flour and chopped walnuts with date sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in food processor until well combined.
5) Combine oat milk with orange juice and vanilla extract and add to oat and walnut mixture in food processor.
6) Chop up bananas and add to mixture in the food processor.
7) Blend until a smooth batter forms. You many need to scrape down the sides to ensure ingredients are well combined.
8) Spoon a generous amount of the batter equally into 12 muffin cups.
9) Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 25 minutes.
10) Cool on a cooling rack and then enjoy!