Makes: 4 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
1 small butternut squash
2 cans chickpeas
1 cup dried wholewheat couscous
2 red bell peppers
1 hass avocado
2 cups salad leaves
Fresh parsley to garnish
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
Pinch of black pepper
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp crushed chillies
For the garlic tahini sauce
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
Black pepper (to taste)
Water (until you have reached the desired consistency - I used about half a cup for this recipe)
1 baking tray
1 silicone baking mat
1 large tupperwear
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2) Chop butternut squash into small cubes.
3) Combine in a bowl (or mug) about 1/4 cup of water, paprika, pinch of black pepper and tumeric and mix well.
4) Put butternut squash into tupperwear along with spice water mix, add nutritional yeast, seal the tupperwear and shake well to coat squash.
5) Put silicone mat onto baking tray and spread the squash evenly across the mat. Put in the preheated oven and cook for half an hour, turning half way through.
6) While butternut squash is cooking, put wholewheat couscous on to cook in accordance with packet instructions, stirring in cumin seeds and crushed chillies.
7) Rinse chickpeas and then put them in tupperwear used for the squash and shake about to coat chickpeas in leftover spices from the squash.
8) Put chickpeas in saucepan and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
9) While chickpeas and couscous are cooking, chop up bell peppers, cucumber and salad leaves and wash. Chop up avocado.
10) Add ingredients for garlic tahini sauce to blender and blend until smooth (adding water slowly to achieve desired consistency).
11) Serve on a plate and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley. This recipe is so colourful, it is easy to make the presentation look lovely!