Serves: 2-4 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15
2 cup quick cooking wholegrain rice
400g sliced seitan (shop bought or home made - recipe to follow)
1 medium broccoli - washed and chopped
5 chestnut mushrooms - washed and chopped
1 medium red onion - chopped
1/2 handful of cashew nuts (optional)
3 cloves garlic - chopped small
3 small chilies (or to taste) - chopped
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon coriander leaf
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1) Put rice on to cook in accordance with instructions.
2) Cook onion in wok in small amount of water for 5 minutes.
3) Add mushrooms and broccoli to onion mix.
4) Add seitan to vegetables, along with soy sauce, chilies and spices.
5) Add garlic and cashew nuts to wok.
6) Cover and cook for 10 minutes, adding water if needed to prevent sticking.
7) Serve with rice.