Serves: 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour
1 delicata squash
1 can chickpeas
2 handfuls chopped dark green leafy vegetables (I used sprout tops)
200ml / 0.8 cup oat milk
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Mixed seeds to serve
1 food processor
1 baking tray
1 silicone baking mat
1. Wash and scrub the squash (you can eat the skin of this type of squash so it can go in the oven whole).
2. Turn the oven on to 200 degrees Celcius (300 F) and, using the baking tray and mat, put the squash on to bake for 1 hour.
3. Drain chickpeas and add to food processor, along with peeled garlic, peeled onion, oat milk and spices.
4. Process the chickpea mixture on a low setting until combined but not pureed. Set aside.
5. When the squash has about 15 minutes left to cook, chop and wash greens.
6. Add greens to a little water and cook in wok until wilted (5-10 minutes depending on type of greens).
7. Once greens have wilted, add chickpea mixture to wok and stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Remove squash from oven and, carefully, cut in half along the length of the squash. Gently spoon out the seeds.
9. Spoon half of the chickpea mixture into one half of the squash. Repeat for the other half. Sprinkle the stuffed squash with mixed seeds and serve.